Don’t let the passage of time make you look tired, sleepy, and old. Refresh and enhance your youthful, energetic appearance by restoring your eyes’ bright, cheery sparkle!
The fragile, delicate skin around the eyes is often one of the first areas of the face to show the impact of aging and environmental exposure: sagging and drooping skin, fine lines and wrinkles, puffy eyelids, and dark circles and bags under the eyes. And these unwelcome changes, no matter how slight, small, or seemingly unnoticeable, can undermine your entire appearance, causing you to look perpetually tired and old even after a good night’s sleep.
Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery, eye lift, or lidlift surgery) is a highly effective surgical procedure designed to correct visible signs of aging and environmental damage on the lower and/or upper eyelids. When performed by an acclaimed double Board certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon such as Dr. Michael Godin in Los Angeles, CA with the talent and artistic vision to visualize how minute alternations to the eyes can impact the appearance of the entire face, blepharoplasty can restore your eyes’ bright, youthful sparkle!*
Benefits of Blepharoplasty
Blepharophasty involves removing excess fatty deposits, excising loose, sagging skin, and tightening and lifting the musculature of the eyelid in order to:
- Create a well-rested, more alert appearance
- Correct asymmetry and/or structural deformities
- Reduce ptosis, or sagging, on the upper and/or lower eyelids
- Minimize puffiness and swelling in the upper eyelids
- Reduce the prominence of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, such as “crow’s feet”
- Correct dark circles and bags under the lower eyelids
- Correct scleral show (too much white in the lower part of the eye)
Types of Blepharoplasty
- Upper Eyelid Lift: Ptosis and upper eyelid malposition are corrected by removing excess skin, tightening the musculature, and removing and/or repositioning fatty tissue.
- Lower Eyelid Lift: Lower eyelid ptosis, as well as puffiness and dark circles, are minimized by removal of excess skin and repositioning fatty tissue through an incision in the lower lash line.
- Transconjunctival Lower Eyelid Surgery: Similar to a lower eyelid lift, this advanced procedure entails the removal of excess fatty tissue through an incision inside the lower eyelid.
These procedures can be performed separately or in conjunction with each other, and can also be combined with other facial rejuvenation procedures such as a facelift and/or browlift for optimal rejuvenation.
Why Choose Dr. Godin?
Dr. Michael Godin is a nationally-recognized, double Board certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, as well as Clinical Professor at the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center and Fellowship Director at the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, one of only 40 in the world. An acclaimed author of numerous academic publications in the field of facial plastic surgery (as well as a soon-to-be-published novel), a highly-sought-after guest lecturer, and a dedicated educator, Dr. Godin specializes in cutting-edge, forward-looking surgical techniques designed to safeguard the health and well-being of his patients while optimizing the balance and harmony of their natural beauty.
Yet it is his artistic creativity, his meticulous attention to detail, and his devotion to patient satisfaction, in addition to his demonstrated expertise, that have earned Dr. Godin recognition as a leading facial plastic surgeon.
If you would like additional information about Dr. Godin and his private surgical practices in Los Angeles, CA, or Richmond, VA, or would like to learn more about the rejuvenating power of a surgical facelift, we encourage you to contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you!